Grateful Dead Live at Pittsburgh Civic Arena on 1973-09-24
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
The Promised Land
They Love Each Other
Looks Like Rain
China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider
Around And Around
Ramble On Rose
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
Greatest Story Ever Told
Nobody's Fault But Mine ->
Eyes Of The World * ->
Weather Report Suite Prelude ->
Weather Report Suite Part ->
Let It Grow *
Sugar Magnolia *
*with Martin Fierro & Joe Ellis on horns
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|They Love Each Other|
|Looks Like Rain|
|China Cat Sunflower >|
|I Know You Rider|
|Around & Around|
|Ramble On Rose|
|Mississippi Half Step|
|Greatest Story Ever Told|
|Nobody's Fault But Mine ->|
|Eyes Of The World ->*|
|Weather Report Suite Prelude ->|
|Weather Report Suite Part 1 ->|
|Let It Grow*|
Edited and Mastered by Jamie Waddell on the GEMS Edit Station
A GEMS production -+-+- www.shnflac.net -+-+-
- Big Thanks to Matt Smith for sharing his cd's of this candelario audience.
- Patches and post production work performed by Kevin Tobin as part of the matrix\dts project using this show. Trac'ed Cdwave Flac'ed level 8 TLH
Per Matt Smith:
This is not in the vault. DL even looked at the box and told me. There may be one more reel gen but unless Kidd owns the master(s) Jerry(Debbie) had it as well as other AUDS Kidd did.
Patch Audio Source Information
SBD: MR>R@7 1/2 ips(JG)>R@ 7 1/2 ips.(WB)>CD
Source: Unknown generation soundboard > PCM > DAT > WAV > SHN
DAT > WAV > SHN: Dan Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tascam DA-20mkII > SBLive! (48-44.1) > WAV > MKW Audio Compression Tool
compiled by Dan Stephens 10/06/2001
NOTE: Special thanks to Peter Braverman for diggin into his vault and finding this for me - there was a bit of a difference between this source and what was used from it on the Cottsman compilation.
Source 1: AUD>MR>?>CD>EAC>SHN
Source 2: SBD>MR>?>PCM>D>CD>EAC>SHN
Source 3: SBD>MR>?>CD>EAC>SHN (Mexicali Blues only)
The audience recording is of decent quality for the era (though frequently oversaturated), and the SBD portions are only very slightly degraded. Sound Forge was used for pitch corrections, patching, and to remove many crackles that were present on the SBD portions. Some circulating copies of this show may have a BIODTL after Greatest Story, and a WRS from a degraded SBD. Both of these portions are actually from the 10-21-73 SBD, though, and have been corrected for this shn set.
The audience recording supplies:
--Promised Land through TLEO
--China Cat through Half Step
--many songs are missing the first few notes on the audience portions because of taper conservation; all such cuts are minor
--minor splice at beginning of Jack Straw, probably due to an accidental pause
--splice in China Cat @ 5:50
--dropout @ 6:12 in China Cat
--minor cut at the end of Half Step
--spice @ 6:15 in Sugar Magnolia
part of The Music Never Stopped Project 2002
Thanks to Michael Dixon, Alan Fink, & Dan Stephens
edits/encoding by JCotsman
- FLAC conversion 10-NOV-2008
1) At the beginning of Promised Land, 58.634 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source. The first notes of Promised Land are missing.
2) 4 minutes and 51 seconds into Loose Lucy, 2 minutes and 31.970 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD3 source.
3) 6 minutes and 24 seconds into China Cat Sunflower, 2 minutes and 30.814 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source. This includes first notes of I Know You Rider.
4) At the beginning of Ramble On Rose, 2.261 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source. The first notes of Ramble On Rose are missing.
5) Between Ramble On Rose and El Paso, 3.025 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD1 source.
6) Between Mississippi Halfstep and Greatest Story, 1 minute and 46.217 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD2 source. This includes the first 1 minute and 16 seconds of Greatest Story.
7) 4 minutes and 57 seconds into Eyes Of The World, 41.364 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD2 source.
8) 6 minutes and 22 seconds into Sugar Magnolia, 2 minute and 17.251 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source. This is just after the beginning of Sunshine Daydream.
- 2008-11-11 23:28:52
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Run time
- Transferred by
- Jamie Waddell and Kevin Tobin
- Pittsburgh Civic Arena
Subject: Not so good
Btw - the jam played between China Cat and Rider during 1973-74 is called the Feelin' Groovy Jam.
Subject: 412 Represent!!!
Half Step is unusually weak, but it's followed by a stomping Greatest. Donna gets so excited that she screams in the middle of it - but for once is right on key! The real meat of this show is the Eyes>WRS with the horns. Fiero and Ellis are a bit off at first during the post-Eyes jam but soon become major contributors, and that continues even more in WRS. If you can't handle the horns, stay out of September 73! Also, I haven't heard another WRS with a reprise of the prelude at the end - it's really cool.
Subject: A labor of love!
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on